Online Video Strategy
We see from time to time that many advertisers and publishers alike have no Online Video Strategy! They are often successful busy sites that have huge followings on all of the Social Media Hubs and often get pick
ed up in the media from time to time. We are sometimes asked to help adjust the Video Strategy of the site or the on page seo of the site to suit the ‘new’ Video Strategy.
Often the publishers take a view that they either just keep adding videos randomly and in a haphazard format or they end up moving onto a dedicated video HTML formatted site.
On the advertisers side we see many video sales houses need the reach of run of network, with the targeting of a vertical campaign. We often get many sales houses that know we have great reach coming in and asking for a certain campaign, that clearly shows that they have no real Online Video Strategy.
So what is the ideal Online Video Strategy for a publisher?
Most advertisers like to see is strong numbers in terms of traffic, quality of site and safety in terms of the environment not being slain with too many banner ads , pop-ups and annoying graphics. Therefore an ideal strategy is go make sure like minded or themed videos are bunched together on the same section of the site so that if one advertiser wanted to hit that certain area with a super targeted niche campaign they could, as that’s ‘their’ Online Video Strategy!
Most Video Sites need the following as a basic Online Video Strategy ( From a Video Pre Roll Network‘s Perspective) or what I would do if i was starting a Video Site aimed at Pre Roll Monetization!
- Solid on page structure for Search Engine Optimization Purposes, Title Tags, Heading Descriptions and Correct Silo Structure.
- Video ‘above the fold’ on Auto-play, with Audio on and limited distractions from banners and other graphics.
- Professionally shot video or very high standard of UGC or User Generated Content
- Clear concise ‘sections’ or ‘silos’ where your like minded videos are put together
- A Flowplayer, JW player, BrightCove or OOYALA Video player…there is others, but these just work!
- Offer ‘Share’ Buttons below every Video you host on your site
- Suggest similar Tagged Videos Below your Player to encourage visitors watching more of your assets.
- Update and encourage Visitor integration, RSS feed updates and offer valuable information often and reliably.
- Enjoy your website, have fun building a valuable asset!
So Whats your Online Strategy?
We have found that many online advertisers have a great online video strategy by default and as such do not really need much help with their plan. Others are missing the strategy completely. Your online video Strategy might be working for you currently, but is it really producing the right return for your effort? Are you finding the satisfaction in your video strategy, matches the income?